Friday, April 15, 2011

Little Waves album cover illustrated by Ciaee



                                                                                     http://ciaee-art.com/

Songs titles on the new Glass Audrey album include "Swim" and "Clocks Slow Down".   This is the cover artwork for the album. The image is an original illustration by artist Ciaee.
I discovered the art of Ciaee via a Google search for carp images. There were many images of carp and water and many were lovely, but nothing was striking me; then from the lower right corner of my search page this vibrant soft image caught my eye. Once I focused on it, I gasped out loud, I was immediately drawn to the whimsical  fish and the girl....then I saw it.  The Clock ! I didn't even see the clock at first, or second glance at that point. I almost cried.... what!?
It's titled * " The Dance of a Child Escapes Time." * (another wave of euphoria I felt at that point). So the search page that I was on did not have links to the artist, after a few minutes of intense research I found Ciaee's contact info, drafted an email explaining how moved I was by her work and how it feels like a visual of our music. I sent Ciaee a link to By Now- music.glassaudrey.com/track/by-now. I am so happy to say within a few days I had permission from Ciaee too use her image, " The Dance of a Child Escapes Time" as Album Artwork for "Little Waves" by Glass Audrey. Album coming Summer 2011.

* alternate painting title "A Child's Dance Escapes Time"
http://ciaee.deviantart.com/art/A-Child-s-Dance-Escapes-Time-136047697
http://ciaee-art.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment